Guided walks in the hills surrounding Florence experiencing nature, history and gastronomy
Guided walks, hikes and excursions combining nature, art and history, commencing either directly from Villamagna or from a predetermined starting point that we’d drive to by car. The guide will provide you with information about the area and its geography, and also about any historical and artistic monuments you’ll be visiting.
All walks in nature are scheduled according to your physical training and ability and are then adapted to your wishes. The duration, steepness of climbs and type of route will be decided upon together based on your preferences and expectations.
The 3 to 4 hour hikes are easy to moderately difficult and cover approximately 8 to 10 km (4 to 6 miles) of trails. The full day excursion of 6 to 8 hours with a lunch break in nature covers a distance of approximately 15 to 20 km (9 to 12 miles).
At the final destination of our excursions and walks, we will have lunch together in typical and authentic trattorias, or in a bottega (country food shop), which I have chosen for you particularly because of their cuisine and special atmosphere. Alternatively we could end our hike at a winery, with a visit to the cellars and a tasting of the wines from their own production accompanied by typical regional dishes.
Depending on the distance, the return trip can be organized by taxi.
Here are some of the excursions that can be personalized to your available time:
- Walking tour of the castles of Villamagna and the medieval bridge of Rignalla with a snack at the Bottega of Villamagna – easy – 3 hours.
- Walk to the Incontro hill with a snack at the Bottega of Villamagna – medium – 3 hours.
- Panoramic walk above Rimaggio through olive groves and woods with lunch at the Trattoria Gargotta – easy – 3 hours.
- Excursion to the Roman road with a snack at the Nuovo Ranch restaurant – medium – 4 hours.
- Trekking to Rosano with a cellar visit and tasting at the Petreto winery – medium – 6 hours.
- Trekking to Gualchiere di Remole (historical wool farm) and tasting at Fattoria le Sorgenti – medium – 7 hours.
- Trekking to Fonte Santa, Palazzaccio di Marcignano with a cellar visit and tasting at Villa Medicea di Lilliano – medium – 7 hours.
- Trekking to San Polo with dinner at Officina della Bistecca owned by the renowned butcher Dario Checchini in Panzano in Chianti – medium – 7 hours + transfer to restaurant, dinner and return by taxi.
Apericena in the vineyard
Aperitif and snacks in a local vineyard, really unique!
At sunset we will delight you with the special location of the Capaccio vineyard of Fattoria Le SORGENTI, next to my house, 350 meters above the Arno valley with a spectacular view of Florence and the surrounding hills. On a table placed under a leafy evergreen oak are arranged delicacies of the Tuscan culinary tradition accompanied by wines produced by the owner of the vineyard.
Cooking class or cook with me
Cooking experience at home in my kitchen preparing authentic and typical tuscan dishes
On request I can organize a demonstration and explanation of traditional Tuscan dishes, or you can participate “hands on” in the preparation. After preparing the chosen dishes you can taste them at dinner in my garden.
As this is a personalized activity in a private home, please contact me for more information.
Classic tours and museum visits in Florence
In my long established capacity as a Florentine guide, I will share my expertise with you in your choice of a tour including the most famous museums and sites, experiencing renowned masterpieces, or if you prefer, we can discover the hidden corners of Florence, off the beaten track.
This private tour will be planned according to your personal wishes and is entirely custom made.
I am also available for a food tour or a visit to local artisans’ workshops.